MAKE A SILENT COOLING PAD
I’ve a Macbook Pro 2019 13-inch and as a developer, I have to do multiple tasks, included running severals heavy program parallel everyday. The temperature of my laptop is rapidly increasing and it gets slower really quick. Note that I’ve already has a fan behind to help me cooling the back of my laptop but that’s not enough as the core is near the keyboard that other. Therefore, I decided to make a cooling pad to cool down my laptop from above. I’m already use an external keyboard and mouse so it’s not a problem covering the keyboard. Now, let’s get started!
Here is my final design. In order to come up with this design, I have to measure the dimensions of my macbook, also take advantages of the USB-C cable as a hook for this cooling pad. This design has some features as below:
- 3 10cmx10cm silent cooling fans.
- 2 big spaces to not cover the MAC speakers.
- 2 spaces on 2 sides to not cover the 4 USB-C ports.
- Have a spaces at the top to not cover the touch-bar. Therefore, you can still reach to the touch-ID to unlock your laptop.
- Have a tube on the right side for fixing the USB cable to the side.
- Under the pad also have a space to hide all the fan wires, thus, you won’t see anything wires on my cooling pads except the USB power cable.
- Have ON/OFF button right on the pad.
2. Materials and printed parts
3. Print settings
- Material: PLA
- Support: No
- Resolution: 0.2mm/layer
- Infill: 20%
- Temperature: 190 (C)
- Solder all the fans and switch then put into the printed pad.
And here is what we got after all these steps:
With this design, my laptop is always cool and the performance does improve significantly.